Volunteer and In-Kind Coordinator:
Are you an enthusiastic “ringleader” who excels at connecting people based on their strengths and interests? Community Lodgings seeks a Volunteer/In-Kind Coordinator to carry out the mission of the organization by implementing all aspects of corporate gift-in-kind cultivation, and volunteer recruitment, to meet fundraising goals. The Volunteer/In-Kind Coordinator will work as a member of the Development Team to foster good communication and best practices.
The position requires a clear communicator, both verbal and written, organized with effective time management skills, attention to detail, collaborative manner and work ethic.
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to: HR@community-lodgings.org.
Communications Intern/Associate (unpaid)
Assist with the coordination of agency communications efforts externally and internally. Duties and responsibilities broadly support fund raising efforts and increased awareness of the agencies’ services.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Engages with the local community to communicate the mission of the organization
- Assists with outreach efforts to increase awareness and engagement in the community
- Keeps community calendars current
- Assists Development Director with fundraising events
- Reviews program brochures, media kits, key messages, facts sheets & other materials and makes recommendations as needed
- Takes photos of programming and events, coordinates photography for major events, for use in publications and media. Ensures appropriate releases are signed
- Gather good news stories from program staff for use in all communication
- Manages the organizational Communications Calendar
- Assists with preparing organization newsletters, eblasts and blogposts
- Assists with coordinating other communications and advertising as needed
- Help to maintain the organization’s presence on social networking sites
- Assists with keeping website content current, and keeping the appearance of the site user-friendly, professional and attractive
- Other duties as assigned
High school graduate or college student, majoring in business, communications, non-profit management, public relations or marketing. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Experience in working in a team setting desired
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and Northern Virginia community is a plus
- Bilingual skills are a plus but not required
- Local travel required; must have a car
- Strong writing skills
- Current knowledge and experience working with social media
- Experience working with graphics and graphics programs a plus
- Working knowledge of software applications such as Word, Access, Excel and Publisher